Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hello Fall!

Don't worry, Brandon and I haven't gone into hibernation... yet! haha

I can't even begin to express how busy we have been. Yet, at the same time if feel like we've had much more time to relax than normal. Funny how life works like that when everything (most everything) seems to be going according to plan. I'm still waiting for some life altering event to come and uproot us!

Anyhow.. let's get down to what's been happening.

For me (Jessie) life is stressful (like thats new). But I've heard that most of your first year teaching is just  surviving! 7th grade isn't anything like I remember it. This age of students I think has to be by far one of the toughest. They aren't new to whole changing classes things, they think they are Pro's! They are also the top dogs of the school, and act accordingly! They are also experiencing a new rush of hormones.. and don't know how to control their feelings apparently! Hence the conversation that took place on Wednesday: (*names have been changed!)
Me: "Sit down and stop chatting we need to get started."
Class: ignoring me
Me:"5..4..3..2..1.. That's a loss of a point and there goes ALL of your points.. great job!"
Class: "SSSHHHHHHHHHH she's serious!"
Me: "Katie and Kellen you aren't exempt from this, sit down and look up here."
2 min later.....
Me: "Katie and Kellen you have 3 minutes between EACH class and a 30 min lunch to flirt.. stop doing it in my classroom."
Katie: "oops"
5 min later....:
"Katie this side of the room. Kellen this side of the room. I don't know what's in the air but you need to STOP FLIRTING in my class.. you'll still like each other in 40 min when class ends!"


Seriously I don't make this crap up! So my kids are going to hate me but we are splitting up the class into girls and boys sides! Maybe they will get the picture!

I will fill you in on more later.. for now it's time to get some DINNER! yum!

1 comment:

  1. haha i would love to hear more teacher stories. kids say some funny crap sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete