Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Merry Christmas

Our first family Christmas picture <3


Merry Christmas!
Honestly, this has been the hardest Christmas. I’ve tried to stay positive and happy. For the most part it worked, but there was always that little nagging feeling in my heart. I love being around family, my only wish was that all of my family would be here. But this was our year to sacrifice and we have. I am already looking forward to next year. Our firsts for everything!
We were pretty spoiled this year. I can’t wait to finally get our own place again when I can use all of our new stuff and decorate just the way we want =]  It will be so much fun!
Brandon and I got to Skype on my Christmas Eve and his Christmas morning. I always LOVE to see him and hearing him. Unfortunately, everyone else seemed to have the same idea so his internet was a little patchy and it took quite a bit of calls to have a good conversation. In the end we got to open presents and it was great like it always is. We’ve been lucky with the amount that we get to communicate. I can’t imagine how much harder this deployment would be if I couldn’t see him and talk to him at least every other day.
We even took our first family Christmas picture… it took a while for us BOTH to get a good picture! But it worked out in the end. Even though it wasn’t the ideal first Christmas, it sure will be remembered. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR CHRISTMAS PICTURE! :) I'm glad you were able to skype with your hubby on Christmas! You are such a strong woman! God bless ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, I love you! You are so strong, and such a wonderful friend! Good idea to take a Christmas picture :)

    ReplyDelete