Friday, December 3, 2010

Another busy week has flown by. Not that i'm counting or anything but that makes 5 weeks that we've already put behind us. I find it kind of silly that everyone is talking and preparing for the "holiday madness" and I've come to find that the holidays are more of a relaxing break from the madness of school. Though this year I"m not looking forward to much of the holidays. I'm already looking forward to next year, they will be our first Thanksgiving and Christmas together, ever! I have begun to look at the holiday's for what they really are and should be. They are a time when family's should be pulled tighter. A time when we rejoice in the love we have for each other and the love we have for and get from God. He sent his son so that we might be saved. It might be that I've matured and grown up in the last couple of years and that could be because of the situations that have arose but holidays aren't just about present's and good food anymore, they are worth so much more. My one Christmas wish this year would be that my whole family was home and safe and together this Christmas season but I know even Santa's magic can't make that a reality. So I'm going to have to settle for the next best thing, skyping Christmas morning with Brandon. 


Lately we have gotten to skype a ton! It is always a blessing to see his face and his smile. I love it! There are honestly no words to describe how happy it's made me to be able to see him with my own two eyes and know that he is okay. Brandon had a great Friday night. President Obama and General Petraeus made a surprise visit to the Bagram base and gave a speech to the soldiers. Brandon even got to shake the presidents hand! He was so excited when he was telling me about it! He even snapped a couple of pictures! Besides this unexpected visit things have just been work and down time for him. He is still on a crazy sleep cycle and I hope (for his sake) that things calm down and he get's it back under control!


I finished up my practicum experience at the middle school and I really did enjoy teaching math to the 6th graders. But after having a 2nd grade experience and a 6th grade experience I think I will be headed back to the younger grades. They are just so much fun to be around! Besides that, I'm getting ready for the semester to wind down and that's about it!


God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment