Friday, October 22, 2010

Beauty in the Madness

Finally they call with the good news (?) well I guess it all depends on who were talking about. It was good news to Brandon, the worst news for me. But at least it didn't come as a surprise to me. The epic phone call that we had been waiting and waiting on finally came and told us that Brandon was one of the "lucky" two that are boarding a plane to Afghanistan. We just don't know when that plane is going to take off. Great. Our wedding is 9 days away, let me say that again NINE DAYS AWAY! We were also informed that because he had technically been given his "two week notice" when they told us he might be going that they could easily call up and in 48 hours he would be flying away. As you all know, I'm a worrier. A huge, horrible worrier. Now Brandon is the exact opposite of me. Brandon is not a worrier, he's a fly by the seat of my pants kinda person. (which seems to always work for him which completely baffles me!) But after hearing this news we were both convinced that he was going to be called up and would be on a plane before our wedding date. So being the planner I am (or at least try to be =] ) we planned how we were going to make sure we were going to be able to get married no matter what. The compromise we came up with was to hold a very small ceremony with the family that could make it on Saturday October 9, 2010. We got to have the church ceremony (no courthouse weddings for us!) and some of our family was able to attend. Unfortunately not everyone we really wanted got to come but I'm beginning to find that this is EXACTLY how our lives work. Rarely things turn out the way they are planned and surprisingly I'm beginning to be okay with it. The ceremony was perfect, we rushed through it a little too fast, spoke a little too soft, and our nerves showed a little to much, but for planning everything in 2 days, it was amazing. Besides nothing matters except our joining together with God as one. And I've got to say, it's the best feeling in the world to know that I'm married (finally!) to my best friend and that God is with us in our union and will be forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment