Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh what a day! I'm so thankful...

I am thankful... SO thankful!

I am so thankful to live in such a wonderful place... and no this isn't a post to say that I'm so happy Obama is in office again because to be completely honest, I wouldn't have been happy at the end of the night no matter who won. I didn't like either candidate, both for different reasons. So why am I so happy??

I am so happy because I live in a beautiful place. A place where I have freedom to make my own choices, a place where I can work and play where and when I want. I have the freedom to choose my religion and speak freely about it. I live in a time where I always have my heavenly father to turn to. I'm so lucky to know that whatever happened tonight, the Lord has a plan for us and we need to turn to him with faith. 

My favorite thing about today was not to see who our new president is... 
It's reading all the ridiculousness that pops up on my facebook stream.

It just cracks me up and puts a smile on my face. I'm glad that I don't have such right or left wing ideas. I'm not an extremest in anyway (except when it comes to education views haha). I really want to write on some peoples posts (because I'm really honestly curious) What is SOO  bad?? What do you really think he is going to do that is going to make our country THAT terrible? 

Yes we are facing some BIG issues, but what is your worry going to do about it?

Here is my favorite quote from the night:
"Our country is screwed! Might as well move."

My comeback: 
"Please start packing your bags.. If you really think that a different could ever be better than this beautiful country, WE DON'T WANT YOU!!!!" 

But I am too nice... and don't think facebook is the place to start a political fight because at this point it doesn't matter anyways. 

You have your views and I have mine and to be able to speak them openly is the beauty of this country.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! I just roll my eyes and laugh. President Obama does not equal the apocalypse, people! *Sigh* Some people are so dramatic. :)

    ReplyDelete