Friday, July 15, 2011

What a way to start July!

I sit here, on the couch in a VERY quiet house thinking to myself how lucky I am. I've been replaying the events of the last couple of weeks. Both myself and Brandon have been blessed to be working at great jobs. They might be frustrating at times, we both might think that it's not worth it, but honestly those times are pretty few compared to what our jobs give us. They give us peace of mind and the ability to save for our future. We also are so very fortunate to be surrounded by friends and family. It is so great to be around loved ones and get to share in their triumphs and downs. I've found that family and close friends are what make life so enjoyable! But honestly I'm most lucky to have married my best friend, and to know that I will be with him forever. I love Brandon so much, sometimes I can't believe that I was so blessed to have a soul mate this good. He works so hard for us, to make sure that we don't have to stress about how to pay the bills. He alway can make me laugh, even after coming home from a tough day at work knowing he has to be up at 4am the next morning for another long day. His love for me never falters and I know that we will be together forever. I can't wait to grow our family together!


So, we've been busy... like always! The first part of this month has been a whirlwind of events. We had a great 4th of July weekend. We had BBQ's with the family and lit off fireworks (Brandon's FAVORITE part!).
I made Red White and Blue cupcakes! They were delicious!


 We celebrated the 4th with Lindsay and Michael Ryan and of course their brand new bundle of joy Braden. (He's seriously the cutest little boys EVER!)
Our new little nephew Braden Michael Ryan <3
The next weekend we got to celebrate with my sister and my new brother-in-law. They got married on July 9, 2011. Really though, Akilah was already apart of the family. In my mind the only thing that REALLY changed was Holly's last name (its now Lacey). The wedding was beautiful and went so smoothly. Holly is a champ at party planning! We had tons of fun. It stunk that Brandon had to work late friday night and early Saturday morning so he had lots of late night driving and didn't get to hang out with the family much. I was a failure and didn't get good pictures but I can't wait to see the pictures from the photographer!
My bridal shower present to Holly
Brandon and I after the wedding (sorry its a little blurry!)




This last week has been much of a get back into the swing of things week. The reds are as crazy as ever and Brandon's work is full of up and downs too! I keep telling myself I need to update this more often, but life ALWAY has a way of getting in the way =] I'm leaving you with a couple lines from one of my new favorite songs. (I wouldn't mind being this kinda lady)


"He loves his wife and she’s that wife that decorates on the Fourth of July. But says every day's Independence Day. She's golden rule, teaches school, some folks say it isn't cool but she says the Pledge of Allegiance anyway."


-Toby Keith, Made in America

No comments:

Post a Comment